This isn’t your grandma’s chili. This is my Nanny’s ultimate chili recipe that she has been perfecting for the last five decades. If you’re expecting it to have beans, I will have to disappoint you. This is a beanless chili and trust me, it doesn’t need ’em! It is so simple, you will wonder why it’s so tasty.
Pile it on your hamburgers, pour it on your hotdogs, or just get a spoon and enjoy.
1 pound ground beef, mashed into fine pieces
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 onion, minced very fine
3 teaspoons chili powder
a couple dashes of Worcestershire sauce
3 tablespoons ketchup
2 teaspoons garlic powder
salt and pepper
- Take your completely thawed ground beef and mash it into very fine pieces with a fork or by using your hands.
- Mince onion very fine and place in pan with oil on medium-high heat.
- Add mashed ground beef to onion in pan.
- Continue mashing ground beef with fork so that all pieces separate.
- Add chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, and ketchup.
- Stir and continue mashing ground beef so everything mixes together evenly.
- Add garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Stir and mash.
- Add enough water to cover base of your pan. Don’t add too much.
- Stir occasionally until all ground beef appears to be cooked.