You need these in your life! They are the quickest, tastiest, crowd-pleasing breakfast main or side dish I know. There are different variations on this but I must stress—please use a MINI MUFFIN pan. The end result is a Puff that is the perfect size and fit, even for the smallest hands. This recipe will make 24 mini egg puffs.
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 shredded organic carrots
- 2/3 cup chopped spinach
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (optional)
- Olive oil cooking spray (for spraying the mini muffin pan)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare your 12 count mini muffin pan by spraying all 12 pods with the olive oil cooking spray.
- In a prep bowl, crack 6 eggs and add olive oil, cheese, carrots, spinach, and spices. Mix.
- Using a spoon, carefully scoop the egg mixture into each individual pod making sure to get right ratio of egg/cheese:carrot/spinach.
- Bake for 10 minutes until eggs are fully cooked. Remove pan from oven and carefully remove puff from pan.
- Serve immediately and then begin same process from step 3 to make second batch. Make sure to rinse the pan out with water and dry. Spray the olive oil cooking spray again, then begin from step 3.
- Serve second batch immediately because that first batch will already be eaten :-)!